Monday, August 21, 2017

Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward




This book started out strong for me, as all Penelope Ward's books do. I love banter, phone calls, texts, letters and constant conversations to really connect with the characters. I mean a drunken moment of WTF why not, a phone call made, we've all been there. Although this story started this way somewhere in I lost the connection I had started to feel. Rana felt immature and almost slow on the uptake on too many things. While Landon started super strong, from the cover even, along the way I lost my infatuation. Things were blown out of proportion, and the twists that I was ready for never occurred and the surprises that were suppose to shake me to the core, barely registered. This simply was a miss for me. Will I continue to read all things Ms. Ward? Of course, I am a huge fan, but this one missed the mark for me. I am sure others will connect, but I unfortunately did not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...