Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Undeniable by Melanie Harlow





I love the simplicity of a Melanie Harlow romance. Simply put I read, I fall in love. She writes in a way that quickly connects me to characters and keeps me invested in the story as I go....but this one was a bit harder for me. The likability of Oliver was hard for me. I loved the past to present, giving me an eye opening, angsty take on the "why" of the tumultuous relationship that Oliver and Chloe had from basically birth. And I also want to say, I love a male "comeback" story. Screwing up yet figuring it out and coming back strong, which he did...but it took me almost the whole story to actually feel his regret and realness. I found him selfish and a tad too jerky for the story. He did redeem himself, but even with his dual view, it was harder for me to connect. Did I enjoy this sweet, heartfelt, first love romance? Yes. Will I read every word Ms. Harlow decides to write? HELL YES. This one just missed the mark a little for me. I can't wait to see what the next sister brings to the table. Small town romance. YES!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...