Sunday, September 28, 2014

Locke by Harper Sloan









Locke…he was always one that intrigued me, quietly in the background, suffering silently, but quick to help his family if they needed it.  The first to help one of the guys get his head out of his ass, whilst his was firmly placed in his own.  Afraid he wasn’t worth the love of where his heart lies…and consumed with the fact that he would bring her nothing but bad.

            “I’ll taint her. I’ll ruin her. And in the end, it will destroy her.
One smile from her made me fall. So I pushed her away. I told her that she would never be what I need-that I would never want her. God, if she only knew. I crave her and everything she keeps trying to hand me.”

Having always been told he was nothing…treated as such and even when he thought he had everything, the evil in his life was still pulling the strings ensuring everything he had imagined was not real.  These are all incredible things to have to get by…but with the love of his life looking him in his eyes…maybe he can have his happily ever after?

Emmy has never had it easy…she has never known the soft touch of a man that loves her, the warm embrace that should come from a parent.  She has been bred to serve, shake her ass and take over a lifestyle that she wants nothing to do with.  Living in absolute hell, she is found and saved by Coop and taken in by a new family, but the past has a way of catching up to you and when it does can Maddox be her savior? Can he stop running away to realize she needs him more than he could ever know?


I loved watching these two broken souls find and heal each other…even when running they can’t get far enough away that they forget.  They are meant to be and just have to fight against the obstacles life throws in their way to get their own fairy tale ending…it was worth the wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...