Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sins Of Sevin by Penelope Ward






3.5 Stars

I am going to start this review with some love. I adore this author, Stepbrother Dearest is one of my all time favorite books. She is an amazing person and writer. Ok..fangirling over and review starting: I wasn't bowled over by this book. I did enjoy it, but for me there was something missing. A connection, a likability, I am not sure I can exactly pinpoint the missing connection but it was there.

I felt like parts that could have been elaborated on were rushed, parts that could have been left out were elaborated. And at a certain point in the book the strength of the main female was diminished in a way that had me struggling to like her as much. Her strength and ability to love even when it was frowned upon didn't appear when it was most needed. She became weak, and I struggled to want it all for her.

I did love Sevin, though through out the story. He held fast in his beliefs, and owned up to his responsibilities as he saw them, when the future he really wanted vanished. I wanted a happily ever after for him and because of that was able to root for it. The writing was amazing, the angst, struggle and heartbreak real. Ms. Ward doesn't disappoint, it just missed the five star mark for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...