Monday, May 14, 2018

Bane by L.J Shen












How many ways can you say "this one is my favorite by this author"? I don't know. But every single time I open a new L.J Shen book these are the words that come out of my mouth when I get to the end. Bane is frustrating. Loyal. Hard. A criminal. BUT...you love him. He's also soft. Caring. Real. And the hurt he has been served created the hard coating that everyone is privy to, but the very few people who really know him, know he is good.

This book ran me through the gamete of emotions. Pulling one out and as quickly as it came it leaves with another presenting itself. Words are a powerful tool when used correctly, and let me tell you Ms. Shen wields them like a sharpened sword. Taking everyone down in a single swoop, sometimes leaving you feeling bloodied, bruised and battered. Other times you feel like you are the hero that just won the battle. To be able to take the unlikable, even despicable characters and make you fall head over heels in love with them, more than that you want to see them get everything life has to offer. Powerful thing to behold and be a part of...and reminds me with every page why I am an addicted, obsessed reader.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...