Monday, April 16, 2018

Rising: (Eve & Vincent #1) by Jessica Ruben









OK STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING CUZ I'M ABOUT TO RUIN...YOUR TBR SHELF! Mark this book down and then come May 1st READ IT! I am still reeling over this book, and it's a DEBUT! I can't believe it. The writing is solid, the engagement with characters is instant, the FEELS are there, butterflies, angst, wonder, and just enough mystery to keep you totally OBSESSED. This story blends all the things I love most about reading, a hot fighter, danger, are they or aren't they together angst, turmoil, tough characters, mafia, gang bangers and more OH MY! I swear my romance reading soul runneth over. I still can't believe A DEBUT people..first book. Gah.

It's hard to describe when a book just fits, checks off all the boxes you have as a reader and just works. All the words combined deliver in a way that has you swooning, stuck in a fictional world and yet never wanting to escape it.Ms. Ruben delivered all of that in more in her debut story. The characters are flawed, strong, captivating and with every word I felt them more and more. I can't say enough about this one. A gritty, emotional, hard to read at times tale of  how hard life can be on the "wrong side" of the tracks, while the over-privileged seek something simpler, the pureness of it. Corruption, fear, and the all consuming want of MORE. Which I now suffer from because I WANT MORE. Like now. So Ms. Ruben this is to you...I can totally read as you write, clean your house, grocery shop, I am here for you.

READ THIS BOOK. You will thank your lucky stars you did. I know I am.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...