Friday, March 23, 2018

The Swedish Prince by Karina Halle







Surrounded by RomCom movie moments, I was quickly taken in by this story. Thinking a sweet tale of falling for a prince was awaiting me, I was quick to find out it was tinged with heartbreak and loss. These two elements being factors in the connection made between both characters. Knowing loss, living through it and surviving were at the forefront. Movie moments like scenes from The Proposal, Maid In Manhattan and every other movie I could watch on repeat any given Saturday...found their way into my heart and kindle.

My only hesitation was the total connection. The "meet" was hot, and I was fully connected to what Viktor was sporting under his suit pants. But I never fully resonated with the love. I knew it was there because they told me, not because I was completely feeling it. That is not to say I didn't root for these two love lorn kids to find their way to each other but the full "want" for me wasn't solid. The one I did end up falling for pretty hard was Viktor, I adore it when a man never wavers and screws like a bull in a china shop.

I always love me a Ms. Halle story and this one did it's job. Now I am going to moonlight as a maid and hope I find my prince as well. Just don't tell the hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...