Tuesday, February 27, 2018

From Lukov, With Love by Mariana Zapata








If there were Gold medals given for best slow burn romance Ms. Zapata would have a room filled with them...also who knew I would enjoy a love story set in the spandex loving world of figure skating? That is just how amazing Ms. Zapata's story telling is, I forgot my "pre-existing" gag reflex of all things tights and fell head over heels for all things Triple Lutz.

The love hate that existed between Ivan and Jasmine was the spark that slowly ignited the slow burn flame that I can't get enough of. Ivan played the roll of asshole star skater to perfection, while showing glimpses of how much he cared in small doses here and there. I fell SO hard..so so hard for him. Jasmine was a little harder for me to connect with...when characters hold on to something, almost to a fault in a story it takes me a little longer to want for them. She was strong, but her strength was often over shadowed by her insecurities. Thinking the only person that ever was treated badly in her crazy ass household was a badge I was glad to see abolished within the story.  BUT with all that said....one of the reasons I loved this story so much was Jasmine finding herself through all these faults...and Ivan realizing his true potential as well.

LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...