Monday, February 12, 2018

In Harmony by Emma Scott









ALL THE STARS

Some books you read...some you experience. This was an all out experience for me. Story telling at it's finest. Grabbing me by every emotion I own and testing them all. I laughed, cried, loved, hurt and felt it all , completely. This story was epic. The words flowed through me like a song...slaying me at times, healing me when I thought I couldn't take another blow. Strength is a silent weapon and every character portrayed had their own and yielded it when necessary. Emma Scott is a born writer. She moves her readers beyond the pages into more...

I once acted in a Shakespeare play. I was Puck in Midsummer's Night Dream. I was 12 at the time and didn't understand a word of what I was saying. I remember the director trying to break it down to me in "kid lingo" I was still like "ummmmm" but when I would get on the stage I would totally transcend and in the moment it all made sense. I felt like that reading In Harmony. Moved on another level. Understanding the story of Hamlet completely. Watching it play out in front of me using the pain that was felt through each of the character's own experiences. Learning more about them within the words of a long gone play-write. I can't explain the feeling but I don't want it to escape. Sometimes being a quick reader bites me in the ass. I want to go back and live it all again for the first time.

Emma Scott has an ultimate fan in me. Taking hard subjects, insurmountable pain, life experiences and making you burn with want for each of the people you meet within this tale...epic. This story is one of my favorites read. I felt it in every word, and page written. I can't recommend this one enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...